COVID-19 Wedding Photography Information for Aruba
Aruba is opening its boarders, yay! After a long lockdown, we are so ready to work with you again, but we are all still a little concerned. Totally understandable.
Therefore Aruba, and we, have strict guidelines and measures in place to be able to welcome you, and work with you, safely. Use this blog as a reference to help you with the challenges of navigating your wedding plans through the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. This page will be updated when I learn new information that will be helpful to you.
The information here applies to us photographing your session and or event.
We will do our part to advocate for you, my clients, the ones who trusted us enough to hire us to photograph them. I’m grateful and thankful to be documenting your memories right now.
Wedding Photography & COVID-19 FAQ
I know that much of the wedding planning for 2020 has been “wait and see”. You have been waiting for this day for so long, planning for months, and now you are unsure what is best to do. For current couples, I want to make sure we keep in touch. If you make significant changes that affect your date or location please let us know as soon as possible so we can also make the change for you in our agenda.
What should we do if we postpone our session with you?
I deeply respect your concerns and if you would make the difficult decision to reschedule.
Keep us updated about your plans, and any new potential dates you are looking at so we can confirm a new date that we are available.
Photography options when postponing your wedding during COVID-19.
I will support you with the decision you make in regards to postponing and rescheduling. Here’s how I can help you:
- There are no re-booking fees.
- You can transfer your retainer and package to a new date.
- I can photograph your wedding date, engagement session, couples session as long as it’s allowed and safe for you, your guests, and all your wedding vendors.
Things to consider when planning your wedding photography:
- Elope with a reception later: I more often see couples opting for the elopement route as some of their esteemed guests are not yet ready to travel. This way you are still able to have your dream wedding on our pearl white beach, and enjoy the party later.
- Planning a new wedding date: Get in touch with us so we can make sure to check availability for your big day.
- Payment Plans: I know this is a tough time for most people. If you’re worried about how it will affect your photography let’s talk and we will come up with a solution together. We also have been looking forward to be your photographer and would want nothing else than to pursue and capture this for you.
For new couples thinking of booking wedding photography:
- We know that arranging a site inspection might be a little difficult at the moment, however thanks to some brilliant people in technology we are able to conference a zoom meeting and we can share earlier wedding galleries we have done at the venues.
- You still need a non-refundable retainer to reserve your date.
- You still need to sign an online wedding agreement that includes our terms and conditions
- These are the same things you need to book with me at any other time.
How working with us will be during the COVID-19 pandemic.
These plans will be in place for all photography with yours and our safety in mind:
- Social Distancing: I will follow all guidelines for social distancing by keeping at least 6 feet between myself and customers. I will be using a zoom lens to accomplish this.
- Posing: Photography sessions will be no-contact posing, which means I will guide you from a safe distance on how to pose.
- Facemasks: I will wear a facemask at all times.
- Sanitizing gear: I will clean my gear before and after each session with cleaners appropriate and safe for electronics.
- Handwashing: I will continue to use the best hand washing practices as recommended by the professionals and carry hand sanitizer with me.
- Health check: For all weddings, if I become ill during the planning process I will check in with you and we will decide on a plan. For engagement sessions, if I or anyone being photographed is feeling unwell or running a fever within 72 hours of your appointment, we will reschedule.
- Travel: With our engagement and couples session, we usually include transportation to go to some of Arubas`s gorgeous locations. Unfortunately due to the Covid-19 we are temporarily not able to provide this service. However we will be sharing some locations that are accessible by Taxi and in reasonable reach from your hotel. We will cover the Taxi fees of our recommended locations and deduct that from your final balance. If you have a rental car, you can also follow us. If you rather not take a taxi but prefer to stay at the hotel, is also no problem. We have used hotel grounds as many times as well and will be able to do this while maintaining their rules and regulations.
How many guests can I have at my event in Aruba?
Resource links For COVID-19 in Aruba
Keep your self updated with the latest travel requirements, they change quite often due to the quick developments. You can use the following websites as guidelines;
We would love nothing more than to photograph you and cement the most amazing memories for you in Aruba.
Let’s do it safely!